Brunton 40B O.S.S. Compass for Adventure Racing
The outdoor 40B compass is of the highest standards for serious adventure racers. The O.S.S. series features an "Orbital Sighting System" technology which includes several design enhancements such as the circle over circle north indicator, deep-well global capsule, and serrated outer bezel. Extreme durability is of priority when designing a compass for Adventure Racing, but the level of accuracy is incredible for a continuous motion navigation tool.
Brunton 40B Compass Features:
- Tool free declination adjustment
- On the map meridian lines
- Reversible slide scale
- Latitude and longitude UTM map tool
- 1 degree resolution
- 100 meter confident circles
- Magnified read-out for 1 degree accuracy
- Inch and millimeter scales
- Brunton O.S.S. alignment system
- Wrist lanyard included
- Extra thick base plate
- Map scales: 1:24k, 1:25k, 1:50k, UTM
- Roamer scales: 1:24k, 1:25k, 1:50k
- Dimensions: 5.2" x 2.8" x 0.5"
- Weighs 1.7 ounces
- Made in USA by Brunton - Limited lifetime warranty
Brunton outdoors is a manufacturer of technical gear located in Wyoming. They are well known for their innovations in navigational tools and recreational compasses. Their products are not only used by outdoor activists but also by professional geologists, archaeologists, surveyors, and foresters. Their trusted brand backs their products with a limited lifetime warranty.
Adventure racing, which is also known as expedition racing, is a combination of endurance events geared towards some type of outdoor discipline such as orienteering, biking, kayaking or climbing. These races can span for days or even weeks at a time. Navigational skills are absolutely imperative to have.