The Aurora Fire Starter
"Rescue Red" may no longer be available.
Created and manufactured by Solo Scientific in the USA to be used to start your campfires (click on images to enlarge). This 2SA model Aurora Fire Starter is equipped with our unbeatable life-time tungsten, carbide, cobalt built-in guided Super Alloy Striking Blade that will never dull! Note: Super Alloy Striking Blade not shown in above photo. Our goal was to design and manufacture the best all-around survival fire starter in the world and we have absolutely done it! These New Models are AEROSPACE QUALITY! Our Aurora Fire Starter is a true survival tool and will work in any environment that will support life! Two models are now available both equipped with a ferrocerium flint steel rod with magnesium within its composition - yielding sparks as hot as 5000 degrees F. Always be prepared! Our Aurora Fire Starter will start a lifetime of campfires for most users.
To start a fire using our Aurora Fire Starter:
- Place your fire starting material on the ground (plain cotton balls, dryer lint, toilet paper, birch bark, milk weed fluff, cotton wood fluff, burdock, or fine dry grass work ,but any fine dry tinder usually found in the wild can be used).
- Open your Aurora Fire Starter.
- Scrape the composite flint steel rod (ferrocerium w/magnesium within its composition)with the built-in guided Super Alloy Striking Blade (note: for first use it may be necessary to scrape off protective coating on rod first with striking blade) while aiming the hot burning sparks at your tinder and you have FIRE!
Our Aurora Fire Starter is rugged, and is designed for survival. Our Aurora Fire Starter uses a large 1/4" (.635cm) diameter composite flint steel rod that has magnesium built into it. The built-in Striking Blade could be a lifesaver! You can wear our lightweight Aurora Fire Starter on your key ring or around your neck on a lanyard and if you are ever separated from your pack or knife you will still have everything you need to start a fire. The built-in Super Alloy Striking Blade is made from a tungsten, carbide, cobalt alloy that takes off enough material to start a fire but will not cause excessive wear. This new Super Alloy Striking Blade will not dull and is harder than any knife blade you will find. Our built-in Striking Blade is part of the unit and will not get caught on equipment, break off, or rattle while in combat, or while hunting - like other fire starters that have a blade hanging from a string.
Our Aurora Fire Starter is designed to function wet or dry, is machined from solid light-weight aircraft aluminum (NO PLASTIC!), is knurled for grip, and will not break when you need it most. Our Aurora Fire Starter has an overall length of 3.6" (9.14cm), a diameter of .625" (1.59cm), weighs 1/10lb. (45g), has an o-ring seal to prevent the housing from unscrewing and provide protection from corrosion in salt and fresh water environments. Our Aurora Fire Starter is designed to last a life time and provide you with fire when the emergency situation occurs.
Our Aurora Fire Starter comes complete with detailed instructions and several pieces of fire starting material.
Click below to watch the amazing Aurora Fire Starter demonstration video and also click below to watch the fire starter experiment video that shows our competition disintegrate before your eyes in salt water and shows why you should choose the Aurora Fire Starter!
-- Fire Starter Experiment -- Watch the competition crumble --
This experiment should not be done indoors or by anyone under the age of 21. Solo Scientific and Survival Camping Store.com is not responsible for any damage or injury caused by doing this experiment. This experiment was designed to show one of the many advantages of the Aurora Fire Starter over one of the most common fire starters on the market. Follow the instructions below and you will watch one of the most common fire starters in the world disintegrate before your eyes. Our Aurora Fire Starter has an o-ring seal that protects the fire starting rod from potentially corrosive salt water. Caution: Use eye protection. The gas released by this experiment could be ignited and burn.
1. Container large enough to house one standard block type magnesium fire starter.
2. Table salt
3. Warm water
4. (1) block type magnesium fire starter
5. Safety Glasses
!. Dissolve 1/4 cup of table salt for every 1.5 cups of warm water inside your container.
2. Place (1) block type magnesium fire starter in the salt water solution.
3. You will notice after a short period of time that bubbles will begin to form at the surface of the solution as the block type magnesium fire starter begins to disintegrate. The fire starting rod will fall off of the unit within 24 hours if the unit remains in the solution and eventually disintegrate to nothing due to salt water exposure. This experiment simulates what could happen in a salt water environment should your equipment become wet by salt water.
Don't forget your high quality tinder! You can find our favorite tinder HERE!
Get Super Alloy Blades for Your Aurora Here! They're Virtually Indestructable!