Coghlans Fire Tinder Kit
A safe emergency fire starting kit that starts fires without matches. The Tinder will light even when wet and is non-toxic and odorless. Each piece of fire tinder burns 5-7 minutes. This tinder kit is a perfect emergency lighting tool. It has everything you need to start a fire!
Coghlans Tinder Kit SPECS: Weight: 2 oz. (60 g) Contains: 8 pieces of waterproof tinder, 1 waterproof flint match.
How to use your Emergency Tinder:
1. Take a piece of the tinder and press it flat. We want the tinder to be about the size of a quarter on this step.
2. Now that we have our tinder flattened, we want to pull it into two equal parts. Try to make each piece be as "fuzzy" as possible. This will make it easier to light.
3. Press the two ends that are not "fuzzy" together, be sure to leave the "fuzzy" ends upwards. (we want the spark to hit these ends first)
4. Make sure you have gathered enough material to build a fire once you get the initial fire started with your tinder.
5. Use whatever fire source you choose to ignite the tinder. Remember, we want the sparks to make contact with the "fuzzy" ends of the tinder. Once initial lighting is done, build the rest of your fire untill the desired size.
(Note: Use the fire starting instructions that come with the Emergency Tinder Kit to learn how to start a fire with whats provided)
(Note: To soften the tinder in cold weather warm it up with your body temperature, or your breath. This will make preparing your tinder much easier)
That's it! Now you have a fire. Remember, Survival Experts agree that you should have at least two main forms of fire starting! Although tinder shouldn't be considered one of the 2 main fire starting tools, it greatly increases the effectiveness of starting a fire whether you are using a ferro rod, magnesium bar or flinter striker.