Maxpedition Ferox Folding Knife w/ Plain Edge
As one of Maxpedition's first knife designs, the Ferox knife is a great complement to a Maxpedition bag. Created from a tactical knife standpoint, the geometric structure of the handle allow for optimal control when cutting and doing other important tasks. The blade opens quickly and safely, remains strong, and is backed by the best of materials for this particular design.
This folding knife features a whole host of quality specs that make it far superior. Many of the details are very subtle though, and we'll outline just what to look for when choosing a knife right for you. Remember, Maxpedition created their line of hard-use gear in regards to strict military specifications and have never settled for anything less.
FEROX Folder Specs:
- 5Cr13 steel, heat treated to 56/59 HRc
- Drop point utility with flipper/guard
- High V-grind
- Ambidextrous thumb stud
- Liner lock locking mechanism
- Plain edge (serrated optional available!)
- Pocket clip with tip down
- Thong hole - Compatible with 550 paracord
- Maxpedition logo blends into handle to remain non-obtrusive
- Fiber reinforced nylon handle with black stainless steel hardware
- Blade length: 3.25" (82.5 mm)
- Handle length: 4.5" (114.3 mm)
- Blade thickness: 1/8 inch
- Weight: 4 oz
- 3 color options (all have black blades)
Ideal uses for the plain edge folding knife: A design like this is meant for general cutting purposes and to maintain an extensively long life for everyday use and low maintenance. The serrated edge is more catered towards tougher jobs and cutting through strong and/or fibrous material.
In some way, a knife can contribute to accomplishing all of the major categories of 'Survival Priorities'. Fire building, shelters, first aid, food and water procurement and even signaling. There is no survival tool as versatile as a knife.