Alps Mountaineering Lynx Tent
Lynx 1-Person Tent
Perfect for the solo backpacker, the Lynx tent consists of a freestanding design with quickly attachable pole clips and sturdy aluminum poles. This tent is known for its easy set-up, flowing ventilation, and factory sealed waterproof seams.
Solo Tent Features:
- 7000 series aluminum poles with pole clips.
- 75D 185T polyester rain fly with factory sealed seams for best weatherproofing. UV resistant and taut fit.
- 75D 185T Poly Taffeta floor w/ 2000 mm coating.
- Extra large #8 zippers.
- Vestibule for gear storage. Also provides additional protection.
- Fly buckles provide maximum adjustability.
- Walls are half mesh which increase ventilation.
- Includes storage pockets, gear loft, 7075 aluminum stakes and guy ropes.
- Base: 7'6 x 2'8
- Center Height: 3'
- Area: 20 ft sq.
- Vestibule Area: 10 ft. sq.
- Tent and Fly Weight: 3 lbs 8 oz
- Total Weight: 3 lbs 15 oz
- Packed Size: 5" x 22"
- Pole Diameter: 8 mm
Lynx 2-Person Tent
Similar to the solo Lynx, but with 2 doors, 2 vestibules and larger size. Additional supplies include repair swatches, tent bag w/ drawstring, pole bag, and stake bag.
- Base: 5' x 7'6
- Center Height: 3' 10
- Area: 37 ft sq.
- Vestibule Area: 20 ft. sq.
- Tent and Fly Weight: 5 lbs 4 oz
- Total Weight: 5 lbs 13 oz
- Packed Size: 6" x 20.5"
- Pole Diameter: 8.5 mm
Lynx 4-Person Tent
Just like the Lynx 2, this 4-person backpacking tent features an entrance and exit door with double vestibules for maximum gear and equipment storage. It still consists of highly venting walls made of mostly mesh and sets up easily with a free standing pole structure.
- Base: 7'6 x 8'6
- Center Height: 4'4
- Area: 64 ft sq.
- Vestibule Area: 25 ft. sq.
- Tent and Fly Weight: 6 lbs 12 oz
- Total Weight: 7 lbs 9 oz
- Packed Size: 7" x 23.5"
- Pole Diameter: 11 mm
Field Test Reviews:
"Best tents I ever used and by far the best prices. With all the bells and whistles, this tent is easily on par with others that are 2-3 times as much. ALPS customer support is great too, I had a problem with a tent pole after a branch fell onto my Lynx and was able to get a new pole with no questions asked.?
"I enjoyed the rain fly vents, with the addition of my electric fan, I thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in this tent even on a hot and muggy day. Never had a problem with rain and weather even after weeks of camping with several days of rain."
"Set up the tent in my house and was pleased with how easy it was. Will serve greatly for my biking trips!"
"Held up in 60 mph winds, torrential downpours and even provided enough room for our pet, Milo. The wife said she loved that it wasn't an obnoxious bright color that looks like we're trying to tell everyone in the world about our location. Discreet yet visible is the key. Thanks ALPS Mountaineering for being so courteous as well."