Gerber Bear Grylls Ultra Compact Fixed Blade Knife
The small, full-tang construction is not for your normal 'survival knife' type scenarios. This knife aims to be more versatile allowing you to use it in sticky situations such as when scaling a mountainside, driving the sales through harsh winds, or quickly need access to a weapon when confronted with a threatening wild cat.
Ok, so maybe these aren't everyday scenarios, but the point is that this knife is ready in more ways than one. The fixed blade is already out and the small size and lightweight allow you to keep it nearby and handy at all times. Hang it by a lanyard from your side or even around your neck for instant access.
Ultra Compact Knife Features:
- Full tang - For power and durability
- Ergonomic handle for pushing and pulling
- Rubber molded handle for super grippiness
- Low profile locking sheath - Lightweight
- Clips to pack, belt, boots, or around neck lanyards
- Sheath clip is removable and reversible
- Utilitarian fine edge blade - Sharpens easily, lasts long
- Bear Grylls "Priorities of Survival" pocket guide is included
- Steel blade: 7Cr17MoV
- Nylon sheath
- Blade length: 3.25" (8,3 cm)
- Overall length: 6.25" (15.9 cm)
- Weight: 4.5 oz (127.6 g)
- Gerber Gear Lifetime Warranty
Despite the fact that this knife is compact, it really holds a lot of cutting potential. Slicing open a carcass is still very manageable with this Bear Grylls knife. He should know, he does it all the time. Notice the rigid finger notches on the spinal base of the blade, and the smoother thumb notch in the front. This gives you more dexterity than typical compact knives would ever allow.
The way you carry this knife is as customizable as you need. You can go tip down or tip up. Use the sheath or not, the lanyard gives way for webbing and paracord manipulation. The possibilities are only limited by your own mind. Ideal for the minimalists who don't want oversize 10" blades with big bulky tactical sheaths.