Pathfinder Crosswind Windshell
This Pathfinder product is the ultimate outdoor survival jacket. It's unique design covers a wide surface area of skin that would otherwise be very susceptible to cold winds and harsh weather. It's built like a shell and offers much in terms of comfort, durability, and functionality.
- "Keep it Simple" methodology for minimizing failure points.
WLR1 FabricPolyamide 6-6 is a polymer from the nylon class. It has a melting point of 265°C, high for a synthetic fiber. This fact makes it resistant to heat and friction. Its long molecular chain results in more sites for hydrogen bonds, creating chemical "springs", making it very resilient. It has a dense structure with small, evenly spaced pores. This means that polyamide 6-6 is difficult to dye, but once dyed it has superior colorfastness and is less susceptible to fading from sunlight and ozone and to yellowing from nitrous oxide. Polyamide 6-6 is used in places that get a lot of wear and tear, when high mechanical strength, great rigidity, and good stability under heat are required.
- Double needle flat felled seams on the hood and on the front
- French seams on the sides and sleeves
Top quality AMANN treadsFor more than 150 years, AMANN has been setting trends and designed the future of sewing and embroidery threads with its path breaking product developments.
YKK ZippersThe YKK company is the world’s foremost zipper manufacturer, creating the best zippers out there that would hold up over long periods of time in the end product.
- Highly breathable
- Lightweight and compressible
- Adjustable hem draw cord
- Drop back hem
- Elastic sleeve cuffs with glove function
- Internal front zip storm flap
- High collar, providing full neck protection
- Fully adjustable (three point adjustment), helmet compatible hood
- Internal pocket
- ID tag
Crosswind is light and compact, easy to carry almost anywhere without restricting your mobility with extraneous weight or volume. At the same time, it provides the necessary protection when conditions require it.
- Loose fit
- Zipper with a thong for ease of operation when wearing gloves
- Extra under-arm space for easier putting on / taking off and better circulation of warm air
EMS provides unrestricted mobilityEMS combines all methods for garment design which provide unrestricted freedom of movement without compromising its protective qualities. It includes gusseting in the crotch and under-arm areas; articulating the areas of bending around the elbows and the knees; increasing the length of the back; choosing the right length and volume of the sleeves and pant legs, as well as the angle of the sleeves relative to the main body of the garment. Not only does EMS provide high level of comfort, but it also reduces the tension in the fabric and stitching in the points of folding and stretching. All these techniques increase the durability and the product life as well.
- long sleeves
- gusseted underarms
- articulated elbow
- drop back hem
Weight: 160 grams
Size Chart and Dimensions
- Crosswind uses WLR1 fabric with Durable Water Repellency (DWR). You must clean your garment regularly, to maintain it.
- Machine wash in warm water at 40°C/104°F with a specialized detergent.
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleach.
- Drip dry.
- Crosswind may need occasional re-proofing to restore the DWR with specialized spray-on or wash-in products.
Trekking - Trail Running - Survival - Backpacking - Rock Climbing - Travel - Biking - Leisure - Escape and Evasion