Orion Search and Rescue Signal Flare and Fire Starter
Can be used to start fires or signal for rescue. Ideal for emergency situations where fire and distress signals are essential. Comes in a pack of 2, each burning for up to 5 minutes, giving you plenty of time to get your fire started and still signal to potential rescuers to help alert them of your position. Effective during the day or at night time. Orion safety products have been trusted and used by agencies of all types, in need of emergency preparedness items. Whether you are boating, a flight pilot, member of a search and rescue team, or simply going on your own expeditions, this device will be of great value in more than one way.
SAR Firestarter/Signal Flare Features:
- Self contained ignition (No matches or lighter required)
- Produces bright red signals for up to 5 minutes
- Burn temperature of 2000°+
- Effective in night or day
- Starts fires and signal for help
- 2 pack
- Easy to use instructions on back
- Approximate weight of 8 ounces each
- Dimensions: 6 x 9.5 x 1.25
- Orion SAR Safety Accessory
How to Use the Orion Firestarter/Signal Flare:
- Remove top lid to expose scratch surface on cap.
- Twist and remove the cap to expose the black button.
- Hold away from face while activating by lightly scratching black button with cap.
- If using as a fire starter, place under kindling after lighting.
- If using as a signal flare, place on ground free of and away from combustible material.
- For most effective use, ignite only after sighting potential rescuers.
This product meets the requirements and specifications of the Bureau of Explosives, Underwriter Laboratories and other third party safety organizations.
"Don't become a statistic. BE SEEN - BE SAVED"
This item does not meet the U.S. Coast Guard requirement for distress signals on regulated boats and waders. Use only for emergencies, indiscriminate use will lower value of distress signal. Item is extremely flammable and combustible. Do not hold after ignition. Carefully read all instructions before using.
This 2 in 1 tool is not just a signaling device, it's a beacon of success. It's the SOS you need in a Mayday type scenario. Ideal for marine use, boaters, highway travel, aviation, inshore flares and wilderness.