Katadyn MyBottle Microfilter Water Purifier
A water bottle with a built-in water filter that removes viruses and other contaminants. It allows you to make non-drinkable water, potable, or safe to drink. One of the great things about the MyBottle is that it requires no pumping or pump mechanisms. Simply fill up and the water is automatically pushed through the filter and purified. Although it is only made to handle smaller amounts, this makes it ideal for sporting events, hiking and travel. No chemicals or batteries are needed, the integrated microfilter does it all with just a little help from gravity and the polar properties of water!
MyBottle Filter Features:
- Fiberglass Pre-filter Removes:
- Particles larger than 0.3 microns
- ViruPur 3-layer Fiter Removes:
- Even the smallest of particles!
- Uses electrokinetic depth filtration
- Carbon Filter for extra purification
- Improves taste and smell
- Cartridge Capacity: 100 liters (varies based on water quality)
- Bottle Capacity: 600 ml (with filter installed)
- Filtration Output Rate: 0.2 liters per minute
- Weight: 260 grams
- Height: 26.5 cm
- Instructions available in 12 languages
- BPA free plastics
- Katadyn 2 year guarantee
As part of the ultralight series, this bottle is rather ingenious to incorporate a virus filter into an already efficient and effective water transport container.
How to use:
1. Fill the bottle with water to the fill line. Remember, the clearer the water, the longer the integrated Prefilter and Postfilter will last.
2. Insert cartridge/bottle cap into bottle. Turn bottle cap clockwise until tight.
3. Flip open mouth piece. Note: The mouth piece has two positions.
4. Hold the bottle upright when drinking. Squeeze and sip using continuous pressure.
5. Press the mouth piece down after use to close the bottle.
6. Do not remove the mouth piece from its fixture.
NOTE: Before each use, flush and discard small amount of water to
remove stale taste. Refill bottle.
PRODUCT SET-UP (Before First Use)
1. Rinse inside of bottle
2. Assemble the cartridge. Attach the ViruPur Cartridge to the bottom of the Carbon Postfilter. Gently twist each component while pushing it on. Make sure ALL O-rings and components are fully sealed and assembled. Firmly twist and push the Carbon Filter into the bottle cap.
3. Flush system (IMPORTANT!)
Before first use, flush system to remove harmless carbon dust from the Postfilter. Fill bottle with water. Install bottle cap with assembled cartridge on bottle and tighten. Squeeze bottle tightly with both hands until water runs clear. The first squirt of water will be black from the carbon dust. This is normal when flushing.
- Can be used as a regular drinking bottle without the filter.
- Integrated counting mechanisms notifies you when filter change is needed.
- Treated drinking straw included for non-filter use.
- Convenient suspender on lid for easy carrying and quick access.
- Antimicrobial materials
WORKING PRINCIPLE OF VIRUPUR
The Katadyn MyBottle virus filter is based on a multistage filter system. The first stage is an integrated 0.3 micron preliminary glass fiber filter which removes bacteria and protozoa such as giardia and ameba as well as all particles larger than 0.3 micron. The second stage is the new ViruPur 3-layer filter medium which adsorbs viruses and minute particles on the basis of electrokinetic in-depth filtration. This is possible due to the differences in the electric charges of the materials. Whereas the
aluminum-coated glass fibers of the ViruPur filter have a very high positive electrical charge, that of viruses, bacteria, cysts, and other particles is lower or negative. These differently charged electric fields exert forces of attraction causing contaminants to
be retained on the ViruPur filter and to build up on its surface. Finally, the water flows through an activated carbon filter which reduces organic contaminants as well as unpleasant odors and tastes.
1. In order to be purified, water must pass through the ViruPur Cartridge. The flow rate is slower than an ordinary sports water bottle in order to ensure complete purification.
2. Squeeze and sip using continuous pressure. Do not pump. You will notice
a 2– 4 seconds pause after squeezing, like using a long straw, before water flows.
3. Always hold bottle upright when drinking. Water will not pass through the cartridge if bottle is upside down or at an angle