Stansport Scout Backpacking Tent
The Scout Tent is a great lightweight shelter system for sport backpackers who want something simple and minimal. The A-Frame structure is a basic free-standing design that requires nothing more than a few stakes, poles and rope (all included). The tent can sleep up to 2 people and features No-See-Um mesh doors. It is best used for mild weather conditions as it requires further waterproofing for extreme downpours, may lack stability in high winds and is not particularly insulated for very low temperatures.
Scout Tent Features
- "A" Frame design is sturdy and easy to set up (may require 2 people)
- Door screen is made from insect preventative mesh which allows an open view while screening bugs.
- Lightweight 800mm p.u. coated nylon upper body with rugged P.E. floor
- Fire safe - Meets CPAI-84 flame retardant specifications
- Tent stakes, cordage, and poles included with complete set-up instructions
May apply to category of kids' tents. A Scout is a generic term for a soldier who may be performing reconnaissance duties and other tasks whether issued by military or other organizations. This product is named due to the versatility and reliability needed by Scouts of the highest level.
Two Person Capacity - 3.8 lbs - 29 sq.ft. floor area - Size: 6’6” x 4’6” x 3’
Forest green or tan colors available - 2 steel poles, ropes, and stakes included
How to Set Up the "A" Frame Tent
- Assemble poles by connecting ends accordingly as shown in the manual.
- Lay tent out on a flat surface. Stake each of the 6 ground tabs. Be aware of the location warnings provided on tent, such as flood zones, near fires, or exposed to dangerous wild animals.
- Insert tip of one pole into upper tab of one corner of tent roof. Utilize line provided and tie one end to pole tip. Determine location of stake and pound securely into ground surface, then tie line to stake. Manual includes a guide for the cord adjustment locks.
- Use the same technique as step 3 to set up the other roof corner. Make taught for stability.
- Use remaining lines to tie off and stake down
side wall tabs.
Notes and Additional Details
The Scout Backpack Tent by Stansport is made from waterproofed fabric, however, the sewing process perforates the seams which may produce leaks if not sealed or waterproofed before use. Proper water repellent is recommended before use in rainy or wet conditions.
Cleaning and drying after every use is highly recommended to prevent mildew growth which can deteriorate the materials of this tent.
"The Sport Backpacker is light and compact which allows for each attachment for backpackers. It can also be used efficiently for one person, as a solo tent, and is great for camping, hiking and backyard parties. It's easier to set up than many other tents and will keep you protected from Nature's elements." - Stansport
Field Test Reviews
"Makes a good beginner tent and is more suited for smaller people or children even. I like the price range, but can not recommend this for serious backpackers."
"The plastic/nylon floor holds up really well despite the abuse it has taken. It's great for minimal gear adventures but not ideal for those going on extreme trips who need full weather-proofed tents."