The Solarbag is a lightweight water container that can purify water through exposure to sunlight. The Solar Bag delivers potable water and abides by the World Health Organization's guidelines to safe drinking water.
This system of water purification requires no chemicals, electricity, or pumping actions. It's simple, effective, self-sustaining and completely passive. This is a product that can aid developing worlds who are in need of clean drinking water. It's also perfect for emergency preparedness advocates, outdoor recreation, and military personnel. See Video.
How Does the SolarBag Work?
The mesh inserts are embedded with advanced nanotechnology devices which become activated when exposed to sunlight, even indirect light on a cloudy day. A photochemical process is initiated which kills any contaminants found in virtually any water source.
Without the need to add chemicals, batteries or physical exertion, this is the ideal water purification system.
How to Use the Puralytics SolarBag
- Fill the bag with any fresh water source using the provided cloth filter for large particulates and sediment.
- Find an area open to sunlight and place the bag strategically exposed to the light. Use the loophole for hanging when needed.
- Let the water sit for 2-3 hours when sunny or 4-6 hours when cloudy or water is particularly dirty or "tea-colored".
- The water will become purified and safe to drink. Enjoy!
- Holds up to 3 liters at one time.
- Can potentially treat up to 9 liters of water per day.
- Reusable hundreds of times.
- Easy twist, secure strapped lid. Loophole for hanging.
- BPA Free - Meets EPA guidelines.
- Kills 99.99% of microbiological pathogens.
- Features award winning technology; no pumps, no clogging, no hassle.
- 5 year shelf life
Treats the Following Organic Contaminants and Heavy Metals
- All bacteria, viruses and protozoa.
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Photochemicals and pharmaceuticals
- Arsenic, lead, and mercury
Puralytics - "Fill, treat, pour. The world's best 3L sunlight activated, reusable water purifier. Essential for emergency preparedness kits and great for camping, traveling, and outdoor activities."
Puralytics is a water purification company that produces unique equipment utilizing the power of solar and nanotechnology to create world-wide solutions to dehydration and water contamination.
They also contribute to great charities for communities that suffer natural disasters such as Malawi and the Philippines. We are proud to support their brand and offer such an amazing product.
Field Test Reviews
"This solar filter requires no maintenance and is easy to clean and carry. These are very often underestimated qualities of a water filter."
"Apparently it works since I drank water in Uganda with this item and didn't suffer from any gastrointestinal discomfort. It's also light to travel with, reminds me of a Nalgene Cantene."
*Note* This product is made in the USA.