eGear Survival Towels - Pack of 3
What makes a towel a "survival towel"? Most people's bug out bags, survival kits, and emergency caches are already nearly filled to capacity. The last thing you want is to take up loads of space for an item that is normally viewed as a simple non-essential commodity. Of course a true prepper knows that a towel can be used for more than just drying things off! The eGear Survival Towel is incredibly compact, at least until you use it. The fabric material only becomes 'activated' once exposed to water, in which it then becomes incredibly absorbent. But you can still use it for dry applications too!
Survival Towel Details:
- Super Compact (1.75" x .375" when compressed)
- Weighs 0.6 ounces when dry
- 13" x 22" when expanded
- Comes in pack of three!
- Made from synthetic non-woven Rayon
- Use wet or dry
- Multiple Uses
- Essential Gear 1 year warranty
Many survival uses for a towel?.. Like what?! Well here we've come up with just a brief list of practical applications for this tool when stuck in an emergency situation. Feel free to give us some input!
- Collecting Water:
- Absorb dew
- Soak up muddy/dirty water (Of course you'll have to purify it then!)
- Might not seem like much, but strategically placing some type of material that acts as 'dead air space' can greatly enhance insulation. You can use it on yourself, like a scarf or hat, or you can plug holes in your shelter where heat would normally escape.
- This won't purify your water, but by filtering your water through a fibrous material, you can at least remove large contaminants, something boiling and chemical treatments can't do.
- By strategically cutting a towel into a single long strand, you can provide yourself with plenty of effective rope.
- This is obvious, but we're going to say it anyway. That way we now have 5 uses.
-Comes in plastic bag with informative header card and 3 Essential Gear Survival Towels. The only towel that can improve your 'survival'. Also great for backpacking and camping. Other intended uses for beach, sports, bath or cleaning when needed, as disposable.