Swing Liteflex Medium Trek Umbrella
Proclaimed to be the world's lightest trekking umbrella of its kind, yet it remains incredibly strong and is virtually unbreakable. The quality of the materials put forth is what allows such a product to possess such great attributes. Umbrellas consist of three main parts: Frame - Handle - Canopy. The Liteflex design crew engineered each component with the highest of standards to ensure the best possible umbrella for backpackers and hikers to carry on long treks and expeditions.
Umbrella (Parasol) Features:
- Frame: Made of high-density fiberglass, the shaft remains very flexible yet sturdy. The same material is used to make pole vaults! If that's not strong enough for you then you're not using your umbrella correctly! Also includes a newly developed safety runner.
- Handle: Made of high-density EVA hardfoam, the handle consists of ergonomically placed grooves and remains grippy even when wet.
- Canopy: Perhaps the most important component of an umbrella, the canopy is made of 100% polyester. The stitching provides a nearly tear-proof structure and the Teflon coating makes the canopy highly water repellent and soil-resistant.
- Sleeve case: Netting and non-slip fabric is easy to fold and also very lightweight.
- Dimensions and Weight: 25.2" (height) - 39.4" (diameter when open) - 7 ounces.
- Protects from sunlight (UV radiation) and rainfall.
- Available in silver or black - Now contains silver metallic lining with additional benefits including 50+ UV protection factor - TUV certificate.
- Subject to improvement modifications on behalf of Eberhard Gobel GMBH+CO.
"The Swing Liteflex Umbrella is your constant companion for all weather conditions with minimal additional weight" - EuroSchirm
Random Umbrella Information
Parts (from top to bottom): Ferrule - End - Open Cap - Top Notch - Tube - Ribs - Stretcher - Runner - Tip (of ribs) - Canopy Fabric - Top Spring - Center Ball Spring (telescopics only) - Bottom Spring - Tip Cup - Handle
Other Names: Parasol - Rainshade - Sunshade - Brolly - Gamp - Bumpershoot - Umbrolly
The term Umbra is of latin and greece descent meaning shade or shadow. This particular parasol is ideal for backpackers and hikers or anyone who just wants a lightweight, high quality umbrella for everyday purposes (well not EVERY day unless you live in Scotland or Seattle!).
Rain umbrellas and sun umbrellas like the Swing Liteflex are essentially personal canopies that you can take for a hike through the woods, along the beach or just down the sidewalk to walk the dog. An air umbrella protects against the wind as well. This product can mildly block wind which increases heat convection, cooling your core body temperature (a good or bad thing depending on circumstances!).
Prepper's Alternative Uses: Self Defense Weapon!